Our guests are accommodated individually or with their home companions. Single lodgers may chat to their neighbours, so they’re not lonely. We do not allow your dogs to mix with other clients’ dogs actively, as the risk of injury is high.
Their sleeping and eating quarters are snug; we comfortably house two labrador sized dogs together and more of the smaller breeds can be accommodated together. However, two great danes would not fit well in a single kennel, we recommend sleeping and eating next door, and sharing the play park during the day.
The sleeping area is indoors and protected from the elements with a secure front run, which leads on to a secure grassed play park, in which they have time to run and play during the day on their own or with dogs from the same family. Every one of our lodgers has time out in the play park. Time allowance is totally up to the individual’s needs, which we monitor closely. The play parks have views of the surrounds where the resident peacocks, guinea fowl, rabbits and our geese wander for our guests’ entertainment. We’re passionate about our guests and are adamant in ensuring they have the best possible time whilst in our care.
- Beds or mattresses depending on your dog’s preference.
- Clean blankets. You may request extra blankets should your dog prefer to burrow in deep.
- Stainless steel water bowls, fresh water is always available.
- Stainless steel feeding bowls, various sizes and depths.
- Our preferred Veterinarian is Blue Hills Vet Clinic, just up the road from us, and there is also Fourways Vet Hospital not far from us, who are available 24/7 for emergencies, to safeguard your pet.
- Medication is administered according to your Veterinarian’s instructions.
- Monitoring of female dogs in season.
We have a fully stocked Grooming Parlour for their grooming needs. Our lodgers are treated to a grooming sesssion prior to going home. They will be shampooed and blow-dried, their coats will be brushed out, and clipped according to your requirements, and their nails will be clipped. This is done the day before going home. Click here for more information!
Maurits personally feeds and monitors our guests’ appetites, likes and dislikes.
Please refer to the diets we stock for small, medium and large breeds in our feeding menu.
Please note: You’re welcome to bring bedding that is clean and safe, no wicker baskets, or tyre beds, remember we have to lift them to clean underneath. Please feel free to bring toys that are not stuffed or dangerous should they get torn, as there will be a possibility of your dogs needing to undergo expensive surgery to remove unsuitable toys from their stomach.
** NB **We will not allow bones of any kind or dried cow hooves. Healthy, safe non- fattening treats may be brought in with your dogs.