ADMISSIONS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please read our terms & Conditions carefully.
Please note the following boarding guidelines:
- Pre-Booking via email and payment is required in FULL a minimum of 3 working days, BEFORE your animal is admitted for boarding. Proof of payment is to be EMAILED to email@example.com
- ***PLEASE NOTE – Our December bookings work on a first come first serve basis. Only full payment confirms the booking, no spaces are held without full payment. Proof of payment is to be emailed to our email address as above. The earlier you make your payment, the earlier your booking is confirmed.
- Please make sure that all vaccinations (5 in 1, Rabies and kennel cough for dogs)(3 in 1, Rabies and snuffles for cats), plus deworming and tick & flea prevention are up to date and to scan and email the vet book to us before arrival. No pet will be accepted without up-to-date vaccinations & deworming.
- We do not have card facilities on the premises.
Any payments received for a booking is understood to be an acceptance of our terms.
Whilst all reasonable care and precautions are taken to ensure your pet receives proper care during its stay, it is agreed that no liability is incurred by Wags and Mews in respect of any loss or damage to the animals through sickness, injury, death or from any cause whatsoever.
2. Boarding Conditions
- We reserve the right to refuse admission of animals that do not meet our criteria with regards to health and temperament requirements. In the interest of all pets, no booking will be accepted or pets admitted for boarding unless they are vaccinated according to current Veterinary and our own requirements and documentary proof being first emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We keep our kennels clean and disinfected on a daily basis to ensure hygienic conditions for all our clients. We expect our incoming boarders to be in good health and in a clean state. In the event your pet is brought in dirty, matted, tick or flea infested or generally neglected we reserve the right to:
- Refuse admission, therefore forfeiting the booking payment.
- We will groom your dog at an additional cost to you, which needs to be paid on the day of collection.
- If your booking period needs to be lengthened, we need to be notified within a reasonable time frame. Please note we HAVE to be notified of these date changes and this is subject to space being available. Extra booking fees and R100 admin fee will apply.
- Bookings are ONLY confirmed once full payment is received.
3. Payment Conditions
- We operate on a strictly payment in advance basis and the full period booked is chargeable. Pets boarding with us are charged per night and not per day.
- References on payments MUST BE your surname and your pet’s name in order for us to track your payment and confirm the booking. ENSURE you send us proof of payment to our email address, email@example.com.
- Prices quoted apply at time of writing and could be subject to change at any time.
- Bookings are ONLY confirmed once full payment has been received; please email proof of payment to us. Confirmation of booking will then be sent to you. If you have NOT received a confirmation from us after payment, PLEASE CONTACT US, the incorrect payment reference may have been used which stops us from knowing where the payment came from.
- Extras incurred while your pet stays in the kennels will be charged to your account and must be settled on departure. For example, veterinary fees, medications etc.
- No refunds are due in respect of early (date) collections.
- Payments are in CASH or EFT (Any cash payments deposited directly into the bank will be required to pay additional bank fees on top of the invoice). Please email proof of payment to us.
- Our fees include: breakfast, dinner and all general care; but specifically exclude medication or additional services which will then be charged as an extra.
- Legal Fees: Should legal or other steps be required to recover outstanding debts, such costs will be for the account of the owner of relevant pets.
4. Long term boarders
- One month’s boarding, or longer, is always payable in advance. Bookings that are longer than 2 months need to be paid by the 1st of each and every month and special rates will be given.
- Failure to adhere to these terms will result in the immediate removal of the pets.
- Where owners will not be contactable during the period booked, the full amount is payable in advance and an emergency contact number is required.
5. Cancellations and refunds
- All dates booked are chargeable unless proper notice is given, such notice period will be specified at the time of the booking.
- R100 administration fee is applicable to ALL cancellations and change of booking dates.
- Cancellation periods will vary depending on the season and advance notice period
- Off Season:
- Cancellation policy: 2 Weeks or more before admission – we will credit 100% of moneys paid less the cancellation fee.
- 1 to 2 Weeks before admission – we will credit 50% less the cancellation fee.
- Less than one week before admission – no refunds will be made.
- Credits provided must be for use within 3 months of cancelled booking.
- Credits not utilized within 3 months of cancelled bookings are forfeited.
- Credit MAY NOT be used over peak seasons.
- We reserve the right to use discretion where extenuating circumstances apply.
- Peak Season:
- Festive Peak Season (1st December 2021 to 15 January 2022)
- Easter Peak Season (1st April 2021 – 6th April 2021)
- Any cancellations received after 1st November 2021 to the 15th January 2022, will not receive a refund or credit on their bookings.
- 80% of your payment will be refunded if we have received notification of cancellation before the 1st November 2021, excluding an admin fee of R100.
- We reserve the right to use discretion where extenuating circumstances apply.
- We request that all clients’ remove their pets collar and name-tag while boarding with us, for safety reasons.
- Viewings are welcome, by appointment during non-peak times, when it does not clash with kennel activities.
- We strongly recommend that male cats over 5 months be neutered and reserve the right to refuse admission if they are not. Ask your Vet for advice.
- We provide all essential items required to make your pet comfortable. Pet owners are permitted to bring their pet’s own blanket, ensuring it is clean, subject to quality and quantity inspection and approval by our Kennel Manager. Every effort will be made to look after your pet’s bedding, toys and accessories but Wags n Mews accepts no responsibility for their loss or damage.
- Please do not bring cow hooves, bones or plastic toys or toys that can be ripped or torn.
- Should your pet destroy our bedding, the charge for replacement will be passed on to the owner; this must be paid on collection.
- Should an animal not be collected or Wags n Mews notified within 5 days of agreed collection date; the said animal will be placed in a shelter, as we in our sole discretion may deem fit, without prejudice to our rights to compensation from the owner. Legal action will be brought against the owner for costs incurred. Abandoning your animals is a criminal offence.
- We cannot accept boarders that suffer from high risk health problems for example are frail or obese.
- If your pet suffers from a manageable health problem, requiring special care or medical attention, please ask your vet to provide full details of the condition and steps required to treat this condition. Failure to disclose these conditions will lead to the immediate removal of your pet, at your own cost.
- If in the sole discretion and opinion of the owner of Wags n Mews your pet should become sufficiently ill we will call a veterinarian to attend to your pet or it will be taken to a Veterinary Hospital where it can receive the correct professional attention, at pet owner’s expense.
All outstanding balances, including transport, Veterinary fees and expenses will be paid by the owner directly to Wags n Mews before removal of your pet from our premises.
Vaccinations & Parasite prevention
- No boarders will be accepted without up-to-date vaccinations, deworming and tick and flea prevention certificates in respect of all relevant diseases.
- NB – Please contact your local veterinarian about vaccinations, deworming and tick & flea prevention.
- Due to the high volume of pets holidaying with us over peak periods no dogs or cats will be admitted without Kennel Cough or snuffles vaccinations.
|Adult Dogs||5 in 1, rabies & kennel cough|
These vaccinations must have been done no more than one year and no less than two weeks prior to your dog’s arrival.
We do not accept puppies younger than 5 months of age.
Puppies must have had their full course of puppy vaccinations completed. The last vaccination must have been done no less than two weeks prior to arrival.
3 in 1, rabies & snuffles
These vaccinations must have been done no more than one year and no less than two weeks prior to your cat’s arrival.
We do not accept kittens younger than 4 months of age.
Kittens must have had their full course of Kitten vaccinations completed. The last vaccination must have been done no less than two weeks prior to arrival.
- Deworming needs to be done every 3 to 4 months for dogs, every 4 to 5 months for cats and all pets should be put on a reliable monthly tick & flea program. Please contact your local Veterinarian and ensure that they are treated 2 days before checking in. Please provide proof thereof.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to any pet which is infested and all payments made will be forfeit for the booking made.
- All proof needs to be emailed to us, prior to your pets’ arrival.
Medication and special diets.
- Medical attention will be given by Maurits or the kennel manager if required by the owners, for a nominal predetermined charge.
- Should pets require medication, the owner must please provide these in clearly marked containers with clear instructions. Any medication to be given to a dog and or cat (e.g. tablets, eye drops, ear drops or any other supplement on food etc. with the exception of any injectable medication), for a pre-determined nominal charge.
- Should pets require special diets the owner must provide these items in clearly marked containers. Please note this does not affect the quoted daily rates.